Over the years, we have observed some common characteristics in our family law clients. If you need help with your Massachusetts litigated divorce, an uncontested divorce, mediation, child support, or alimony case then we are likely a good fit for you if you agree with at least some of the statements below:
- You see the wisdom in not letting feelings of anger and revenge completely control your actions during and after divorce.
- You want a Massachusetts divorce law firm that knows their stuff.
- If you have children, you appreciate the importance of minimizing the effects of conflict on them during and after divorce.
- You want attentive service and enjoy the benefits of working with caring professionals.
- You know enough to look out for anyone that may just tell you what they think you want to hear.
- You want a law firm that is careful with and respectful of your personal information.
- Legal fees are an important consideration, but you know selecting your Massachusetts divorce lawyer, collaborative attorney or divorce mediator based upon price alone is a mistake.
- You are looking for a Massachusetts divorce lawyer or mediator in for a case in Norfolk, Middlesex, Worcester, Suffolk, Plymouth, or Bristol County, Massachusetts.
- You will pay your legal fees in a timely manner, as set forth in your client agreement. Please don’t ask us to finance your legal fees or work for free. We have financial obligations just like you do.
Finally, a bit about geography and office locations. Some Massachusetts family law firms want you to think they have 347 offices throughout Massachusetts. Further exploration online may reveal that that the same law firm has just one or a handful of lawyers.
So, what is up with that?
A number of firms use short-term offices, virtual offices, or just rent meeting space when they need it to appear larger or because they want to market themselves in a wider geographic area. A number of companies offer such arrangements to business owners. There is nothing technically wrong with this, but you might want to consider that your appointment may be in a giant commercial building or office park with a waiting area shared by many other businesses, and staffed not by law firm employees, but employees of the office suite company. Sometimes a firm may just have an arrangement where a lawyer allows another attorney to use their office space. We have heard from prospective clients that the “Whatever” law firm has 12 offices, and then some people assume that the “Whatever” firm is huge! Not so much. At The Divorce Collaborative, we believe that our personal touch and comfortable office space that we control is best for our clients visiting our Bedford and Franklin, MA locations.
Our own people work at our offices and nobody else. We try to stagger appointments for the privacy of our clients, and if you ever have to wait at one of our offices, you will not be in an area shared by 20 other companies, where you might run into someone you know or maybe you are upset and don’t want to walk through a big waiting room. I know of one office building where you you could even run into your ex or soon to be ex because so many lawyers use the suites at that particular location!
If you like what you see on this website, but do not live in reasonable proximity to one of our offices, just let us know. We can arrange meetings in other Massachusetts locations too, although we normally only do that for clients, and not for initial consultations. Also, your case will not involve a great number of trips to our offices. Hiring your Massachusetts divorce attorney, collaborative divorce lawyer, or divorce mediator is not a lifelong commitment of driving! The number of office visits required is probably less than you might think. Technology is shrinking the world, and although we certainly enjoy the personal connection we have with our clients, we can conduct meetings by video conferencing if that is what a client wants.
To schedule your confidential appointment with a divorce attorney or divorce mediator in Bedford or Franklin, please call us at (877) 842-1199.